Thursday, August 16, 2012

Day 16 - Magic and Miracles In Health

Gratitude Creates Miracles

"Natural forces within us are the true healers of disease."
 Hippocrates (Circa 130 - Circa 370 BC),
Father of Modern Medicine

Rhonda says, "Gratitude is one of the fastest ways  I know to magically begin experiencing the full state of health you are meant to have in your body and mind. All the miracles of healing we see happen are simply the result of full health being restored instantly in the human body, where before there was less than full and perfect health. If you don't think gratitude creates miracles in your health and body, then read some of the thousands of miracle stories on The Secret website: www.thesecret.tv/stories." Page 149, The Magic.


Thank You for My Good Health

Today's assignment is to remember three times in my life when I felt on top of the world and say thank you three times.

  1. After I had Christina, I lost my baby fat, went to the gym regularly, quit smoking and was physically fit. It was the first time in my life that I felt so good.
    • Gary and I took the girls on a day trip bicycling on the trails. Beth and Nicole were about nine and seven. Christina was two. I had a kids seat which Christina was strapped into. We had such a wonderful time. I felt so healthy, fit and strong. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    • Gary and I took the girls to Elora Gorge to climb around and have a picnic. It was another wonderful day. I felt so alive and energized. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    • Gary and I took the girls camping. The weather was perfect. We all had such a fantastic time. I was biking, swimming, walking, running . . . I was active and full of life. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I am also suppose to think of five body functions that are working good and give thanks to each one. 
  1. I am grateful for my brain. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. I am grateful for my eyes.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. I am grateful for my ears - hearing.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. I am grateful for my lungs.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. I am grateful for my heart.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Lastly, I am to choose one thing about my body or health that I want to improve and spend a minute visualizing myself with the "ideal state" then gave thanks for it.

I am picturing myself running - easily - my heart and lungs are strong.  My feet are hitting the pavement in a steady rhythm  Beads of sweat role down my temples. My face muscles are relaxed as I simply catch my stride and I get my second wind.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.


Gratitude Stone

I was most grateful for all the sleep I had today. I was sitting in a chair in the living room and just dozed off. I don't know if anyone tried to wake me. I was just thinking, thanks for letting me sleep everyone. Sometimes you just have to give in to it and rest. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

Gratitude Journal

I Am Grateful: (Day 16)

  1. I am grateful for the time I had with Christina because those times are rare and far between these days. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. I am grateful to the judge for revoking the warrant. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. I am grateful to the duty counsel for her understanding and advise. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. I am grateful to my Mom for watching Faith while Christina and I took care of business. And got some shopping in. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. I am grateful to Gary for giving me some money to spend because shopping always puts Christina and I in a good mood. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. I am grateful to Nicole for the use of her car because mine is still sick. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. I am grateful to Faith and Sidney for their smiles, hugs and kisses because they are the rainbow in my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. I am grateful for my home because I love being here in my sanctuary. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. I am grateful for another day at home with my family. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10.  I am grateful for another day here on this planet. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
At first I found it difficult thinking of three times in my life when I felt so good because I was grouping that whole time period together as one but then I realized there were separate occasions during that time period that I felt alive.

I enjoyed closing my eyes and visualizing my ideal state. I can see it perfectly. Too bad I can't take that picture I created and plop it down in this blog.
I hope you enjoy this practice as much as I did. As always, I am waiting to see some comments. What did you see when you envisioned your ideal state?

Tomorrow looks like a promising day. It is number 17 on this magical journey. This chapter is called, THE MAGIC CHEQUE.  This is probably the most recognized item in The Magic and The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. I am definitely looking forward to this one.
Blogging tips