Friday, August 24, 2012

Day 23 - The Magical Air That You Breathe

I am glad you have joined me for day twenty-three of my Magical Journey. I hope your journey is running smoothly.


 I have not been following the schedule diligently. I am not sure why. Lazy maybe. Too tired. I have been falling behind. A 28 day journey has become a thirty something journey. I know I shouldn't chastise myself. After all, I have not given up, just slowed down.

On with today. 

"It is quit possible to leave your home for a walk in the early morning air and return a different person - beguiled, enchanted."
Mary Ellen Chase (1887-1971),
Educator and Writer

Rhonda says, "When the realization hits you that all of these things might not be an accident, and that the balance of every microscopic element surrounding Earth and on Earth is in perfect harmony to support us, you will feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude for life, because all of it has been done to sustain you!" Page 149, The Magic.


The Assignment

"Today, stop and think about the glorious air that you breathe. Take five deliberate breaths and feel the feeling of the air moving inside your body and feel the joy of breathing it out. Take five full breaths in and out five different times today and after you have taken each set of five breaths say the magic words, "Thank you for the magical air that I breathe," and be as genuinely grateful as you can for the precious, life-giving air that you breathe!"

I have thought about breathing many times before. Once I think about it, it becomes a chore and laboured. Then it feels like I am not getting enough oxygen and I start to feel anxious. I take deeper breaths and exhale completely. 

I can't help wondering if you have the same reaction to paying attention to your breathing. I also wonder if that is part of my anxiety issues.

Gratitude Stone

I was most grateful for being given the insight to cancel an order before it was too late. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Just as a side note. I was not aware that all sales are final at Leon's. And that once an order is placed, you only have forty-eight hours to cancel it and get your money back. Once it is delivered, that's it. Your are stuck with it even if you decide the purchase does not look good in your home.

Just before my forty-eight hours were up, I decide to check Leon's return policy. I was having second thoughts about the electric fireplace. Sure it would help keep the area warm in the winter but I wasn't too sure about how it would look with the rest of the decor. Good thing I followed my instincts for a change. I called Leon's right away and canceled the order. Now we just have to get back to the store to get our money back. Tomorrow. Defiantly. Tomorrow.

I Am Grateful: (Day 23)

  1. To Nick for picking up  Lexi so she could come and play with her cousins. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  2. To Nick for taking  Lexi home because it allowed me to stay home with Sidney and get her into bed. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  3. For the glorious weather because it so wonderful to be outside. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  4. For the chance to sit out on the front porch with my Mom relaxing and talking because every moment I spend with her is precious. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  5. For Gary taking the garbage can from the kitchen and hosing it down because it was beginning to get quite nasty from people throwing garbage into the can when there was not bag inside it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  6. For the abundance of food in my refrigerator and cupboards because I can look in there any time I want and find something good for my granddaughters. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  7. For the cool breeze coming in through the windows this evening because it is cooling off the house nicely without me having to put on the air conditioning to get a comfortable sleep. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  8. That we were able to get the internet and telephone service back on so quickly after disconnection. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  9. For the inspiration to continue with the magic journey. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
  10. To Nicol e for preparing my favorite meal for supper tonight. (spaghetti and meatballs) Thank you, thank you, thank you.

The Challenge

I am grateful for the air we breathe and it is quite miraculous how everything is kept in balance to enable to me to continue breathing.

I still have trouble getting oxygen when I concentrate on my breathing. I have to chuckle. I feel silly admitting such a thing to you.

Conclusion

Over all today was a good day. No anxiety. No depression or sadness. No frustration. Content. What a good feeling!

I hope your day went as smoothly as mine. I look forward to reading your comments. Share with me!
Blogging tips