Saturday, December 22, 2012

Seven Paths - Lesson 4

This lesson from Seven Paths to Freedom by Curtis Rivers is called Gratitude. Not just gratitude for the life you have imagined but gratitude everyday under all circumstances.

If you have been following my blog, you would know that I read Rhonda Byrne's book The Magic which is all about gratitude and I completed the assignments from each chapter. 

If you haven't read any of those posts you can start at the beginning, The Road to Inner Peace and Happiness.

If you are familiar with the concepts of gratitude then you are ahead of the crowd and know how to implement it into your meditation/visualization.

Many people do take their lives for granted. They don't stop to feel grateful for what they have here and now. They seem to hold back their happiness for some day in the future. 

Have you ever heard someone complaining about their weight then say, I will be happy when I lose ten pounds? Or things will be better when I get that raise? I'll be happy once I get the house renovated.

Wanting more is good but at the same time you need to be grateful for what you have right now. Be grateful for your health, for having a job, for your home.

Feel grateful. Feel happy. You have so much to be happy about. Look around you. You are alive. People love you and like spending time with you. Are you grateful for the opportunity to use the internet and computer right now? 
My Family in 2012

I look around and can list so many things I am grateful for. My granddaughters playing on the other side of the room. My daughter who is doing dishes. The sparkling Christmas tree. My comfy couch. The heat in our home cause it is really cold outside. The food in the fridge. The phone ringing. The clean fresh water we have access to all the time. 

Everything, every occasion, everyone gives you an opportunity to feel gratitude - happiness. Thank you, thank you, thank you. 

Don't misunderstand me. My life is not perfect. I could grump and complain, and sometimes I do, but over all, I choose not to.

I could freak out because my granddaughters are making a big mess with their toys over there. But why would I? Messes can be cleaned up. They aren't hurting anyone. They are enjoying themselves. And am I grateful for that. Their happiness is contagious.

So what is all this discussion about gratitude and feelings? I will let Curtis Rivers explain. "Introduce gratitude into all of your daily visualisations, and watch the magic happen. It WILL happen, that's what is so exciting about this course, and about my book - this is REAL. It doesn't' just work 'some of the time' it works all of the time, 24/7 - by natural laws of the Universe. It was designed that way."


I FEEL HAPPY. I AM GRATEFUL. 

It is a wonderful life.


What are you grateful for?

Blogging tips