Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Happiness is . . . Swimming and More Swimming

My granddaughters have been fortunate enough to have a swimming pool in the backyard every summer since they were born. 

They spend as much time in the pool as possible no matter what the weather. I have to drag them out to get some food in them - all water logged, blue lips and prune fingers.

My Granddaughters love to swim and they love to show me what they do in the pool.

Grandma, Grandma, Grandma. 

Grandma watch me.

And so I watch - living in the moment with my girls.

I watch their smiling faces. They are so proud and happy when they can show me a new skill like doing a somersault in the water. Or doing the canon ball in the deep end and swimming across the pool all by themselves.

I cheer them on and they challenge themselves to do more.

Honey Bunny and Baby Cakes swimming across the pool in the deep end.

My Honey Bunny has been swimming all by herself since she was three years old. Mind you she swam below the water to begin with.

Last year's challenge was swimming down to the bottom of the pool and retrieving objects. She was under the water most of the time. What a little fish.

Honey Bunny jumping in the pool for the umpteenth time.

This year’s challenge is swimming above the water – mostly dog paddle and learning how to float. 

Oh, I’ve also been showing them how to use their hands and arms when swimming under the water so they can go further distances and move faster.

I don't know. I can't remember what the fascination is with jumping into the pool over and over again but it is a huge part of my girls time at the pool. Can you?



What are your childhood memories about swimming? 

Do have a few fish in your family?

Believe you can and you're half way there


***************************************

Well, thanks for stopping by. 

If your interested, stop by my Etsy Shop, Little Shop of Treasures or check out my Free Printables page.

If you would like to receive my blog updates please subscribe via Email or follow me on TwitterPinterest or Blog Lovin.





Have a fantastic day!
Blogging tips